Raw rice 1 cup
Karamani 1/4 cup
Milk 3 cups
Ghee 3 tblsp
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Jaggery 1 1/2 cup (grated)
* Take a kadai and fry karamani and rice separately without oil for few seconds
and keep aside.
* Pressure cook karamani with one cup water.Allow 3 whistles.
* Pressure cook rice with one cup milk and one cup water.Allow three whistles.
* Dissolve jaggery with little water.
* Take a deep bottomed vessel
Add cooked rice
Add cooked karamani
Add jaggery and the remaining milk.
* Allow to boil.Stir well until the mixture thickens.
* Add ghee and cardamom powder.